WHAT TO DONATE:
There are three ways you can donate to the food bank.
- You can send money via any one of the online options we have on our Donations page. You can mail cheques to our office or bring them down to us.
- You can come down and volunteer some time, making up hampers, portioning bulk foods, helping to give out hampers and/or stocking shelves. We also need a flood of volunteers for our fundraising efforts, our main food drive and assorted other events during the course of the year.
- Last but not least, you can drop off donations of non-perishable foods to our office any time of the year and extra produce, if you have some from your gardens, in the summer and fall.
Some of the things we tend to run out of are:
- peanut butter
- powdered or canned milk
- canned fruits and vegetables
- canned meats
- Ichiban noodles
- macaroni and cheese
- cereals, both hot and cold
- soups and soup mixes
- canned tomatoes and/or tomato sauce
Also nice to have for our clients are personal hygiene products, deodorants, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, laundry soap, dish soap, fabric sheets, hand soaps/body washes, razors and shaving cream.